Attila Bucsi wins race on home soil

Hungarian driver Attila Bucsi from M1RA Motorsport worked his way to the lead in the first lap and then maintained it until the finish line, securing his first victory in this season. Second place went to TCR Eastern Europe debutant Martin Kadlečík from Aditis Racing.

Thanks to the draw placing the top ten in reverse order, pole position was taken by Vít Smejkal, who had finished tenth in the first race. Lining up alongside him was Ivars Vallers in an Audi. Directly behind them were Fraňo Dubreta and Attila Bucsi.

Smejkal had a slow start, allowing Vallers to temporarily take the lead, but only for the opening two corners before Bucsi reclaimed first place and began to create a gap from the others.

Debutant Martin Kadlečík had a great start, moving into second place before the end of the first lap. Vallers dropped down the order, and third place was taken by Ghermandi, followed by Kircher, yesterday’s winner Homola, and Vallers, who was defending his position from Petr Čížek, Adam Kout, and Davit Kajaia. There was a thrilling fight among them, with cars going three-wide into a corner.

Bucsi maintained a steady pace, holding a three-second lead over Kadlečík, who matched the race pace and kept a two-second gap from Ghermandi. Ghermandi, pressured by Maťo Homola and René Kircher, defended vigorously. Homola found a gap to overtake in the first corner with five minutes to go and successfully passed him.

Attila led from start to finish, winning his second race in four starts in TCR Eastern Europe. Second place went to TCR Eastern Europe debutant Martin Kadlečík, who showed great promise in his Audi TCR car. Third place went to yesterday’s winner, Maťo Homola, with Ghermandi finishing fourth, however he received six seconds penalty for track limits, so the revised order was Adam Kout fourth, René Kircher fifth, Ghermandi sixth, Petr Čížek seventh, Davit Kajaia eighth, Žarko Knego ninth, and Fraňo Dubreta rounding out the top ten with one point.